How to record calls
How do our services work? Explore how each one works to see how easy it really is. Your incoming or outgoing call is recorded. You’re emailed a link to your recording or you can enter your portal to access your recording. Download, transcribe or share your recording.
Call RECORDING IN 3 EASY STEPS
Your incoming or outgoing call is recorded.
You’re emailed a link to your recording or you can enter your portal to access your recording.
Download, transcribe or share your recording.
WHAT IS RECORD OUTGOING?
Record the calls that you make. Simply dial your Recording Number when you want your call recorded, followed by the number you need.
- Dial your recording number and follow the prompts to then enter the phone number of the person you wish to call.
- When the call is answered it’s being recorded. Let your recipient know that the call is being recorded, or simply press the # key twice.
- When the call is done, you’re emailed a link to the recording.
- 1. RECORD – Simply dial your Recording Number, followed by the number you’re trying to reach. Don’t forget! For outgoing recording announcements, follow these steps!
- 2. RETRIEVE – An MP3 of your recording is delivered straight to your Dashboard immediately.
- 3. REVIEW – Play back, transcribe, make notes or forward your phone call recording to others for review or action.
WHAT IS RECORD INCOMING?
So you’ve got a business number (e.g. 13/1300/1800 etc). For the incoming calls you want recorded, you need to give out your Recording Number. If you want all of your calls recorded, just let your telco know to change the answer point of your business number to your Recording Number. If you’ve got a regular local number you can only give out your recording number. There are quite a few options, so go to our FAQ page to find out more.
- Incoming call to business number or Recording Number.
- If you have a business number the call is then redirected to your Recording Number.
- Call forwarded via the Record Retrieve system.
- Call answered and recorded automatically.
- On call completion, you’re emailed a link to the recording.
- 1. RECORD – All calls made to your business are automatically recorded (if you’ve got the Record Incoming feature activated). Don’t forget! For incoming recording announcements, follow these steps!
- 2. RETRIEVE – A sound file of your phone call recording is delivered to your Dashboard immediately .
- 3. REVIEW – Play back, make notes or forward your phone call recording to others for review or action.
WHAT IS UNLIMITED STORAGE?
It doesn’t matter how many recordings you have in your portal – you’ve got unlimited storage so you don’t need to worry about your recordings disappearing.
WHAT IS SELECTIVE?
With selective recording you can tailor your recording to start and end when you need to. Just activate the conferencing / 3 way call feature on your phone at any point during a call and conference in your recording number. It doesn’t matter if you received an incoming or made an outgoing call. This is also how you make a voice contract. To end your recording (but not your call) just press * (star) 0 (zero)
- During a call there may be a need to record the conversation.
- Let the customer know that the call will be recorded.
Place the call “on hold”, “conference” or “add a call”.
- Call your personal Recording Number and merge or conference calls together.
- The call is now being recorded. To end recording only, press star (*) 0 (zero). On completion, you’re emailed a link to the recording
Don’t forget! For announcements during a selective call, follow these steps!
Using the Selective service does not incur call charges from Record Retrieve. Additional carrier service provider charges may apply.
Please visit your telco service provider for details.
You’re on your mobile a lot, we know. That’s just business.
We’ve created mobile access for Record Retrieve, so you can access your dashboard any time, anywhere and from any mobile device. You can always record on the go with your Recording Number, and then access your recordings straight away. Now that’s convenience.
- Record on the go (business doesn’t wait)
- Streamline sales with over the phone voice contracts
- Ideal for interviews and research
- Helps you meet regulatory and compliance needs
- Have total access to all your handy dashboard features: review, annotate, share, download and transcribe
- Mitigate risk and drive productivity